Genetic Testing

  • In a paternity case, fees for genetic testing are not assessed by the Office of the Attorney General in most cases.  However, if either party contests the results of the first test and requests a second test, fees will be requested.
  • If you want to receive genetic testing, contact the statewide child support call center (1-800-252-8014) to request genetic testing.
  • Ask if a "self-test" for your child, which can be conducted in a child support office, is possible in your area.
  • If your case involves family violence and you are told to bring your children to court for genetic testing, ask if it is possible to have testing done, when the other parent is not present because of safety concerns.